Application For Single Person Discount 

A single person discount will be awarded if you are the sole adult resident over the age of 18.

If you have a partner or other person who normally lives with you and they are living away or temporarily absent, you will not be entitled to this discount.

Your Details

Can be found on your Council Tax bill, if you are new to the area, or have not had an account in your name yet, simply put "unknown"

eg. John Smith - Tenant - 15/06/1966 - Partner

Full Name - DOB - Relationship to you
Sole Occupant Discount (SPD)




You cannot apply for this discount. Please exit the form and contact us on 01733 452258 or email


Under Regulation 16, The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 - you must tell the council tax department if you are no longer entitled to claim any discount. You must do this in writing, within 21 days if your circumstances change. 

If you knowingly claim a discount, to which you are not entitled, this may lead to a criminal prosecution being taken against you and a penalty of £70.00 being incurred.  

It is an offence under the Fraud Act 2006 to provide information to the Council about your circumstances for Council Tax Liability if you know that information is incorrect or false. You may also commit an offence under the Fraud Act 2006 if you fail to inform the Council if your circumstances alter.


Privacy Statement

Peterborough City Council abides by the principles of data protection and information is collected, processed and stored in compliance with data protection legislation.

For more information then please see our privacy notice on who we may work with and how we may use your data. It can be viewed online at  or a copy is available at all council offices.